Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Destroyer

A haggard looking woman buzzes the front door. I signal for her to use her room key to unlock the door, but she keeps buzzing. I reluctantly let her in.

Haggard Woman: I need something, but first give me a piece of paper.
Me: (hands her a piece of scrap paper) There you go. Do you have a room key?
HW: This paper isn't big enough.
Me: I'm sorry ma'am. Do you have a key or are you checking in?
HW: (ignores me and sits in the lobby and starts to write)
Me: I'm sorry ma'am, I can't have anyone hang out in the lobby unless they are guests of the hotel.
HW: Fine. Give me a room.
Me: Well, unfortunately we are sold out tonight (true). Unless you have a reservation, I am going to have to ask you to leave.
HW: (gets up and starts to walk to the elevator)
Me: Again, I am sorry ma'am, but I cant let you go up without a room.
HW: I am visiting someone.
Me: Ok, great! Let me just look up their name and I will let them know you are coming.
HW: I don't have to tell you that! It's personal!
Me: Well, unfortunately without the guest's name, I can not let you go up.
HW: (death stare) What is your name?
Me: My name is "my name".
HW: I am going to call the police on you.
Me: Ok. I am sorry, but you still have to leave.
HW: (starts walking toward the front door, but before she leaves she gives me the death stare) You will be destroyed.
Me: Thank you. Have a good night.

No comments: